Thursday, March 26, 2015

Teaching Probability Day 6 - Multiplication Rule Practice "The Grudge"

Day 6 was just a lot of us practicing different kinds of multiplication rule problems. I didn't want to do the traditional worksheet, so I decided to try a new game I heard of called "The Grudge". The Grudge is from @nathankraft1 on Twitter. To see his post on how to play "The Grudge", click HERE. I've heard from a few people that this game is great, but it didn't really work for me. Maybe it is the word problems that are the issue. I'm not sure. The first time around, my kids played individually. That was time consuming and they could knock each other out in about 5 min. I wanted to make the game more robust, so we changed the rules the second go-around. My kids assembled into five teams, and instead of just losing x's, they could also put an x back for their team, so they'll still have a chance of winning. I had a good group of kids during this class, so they kept giving me suggestions on how to change the rules to make it more fun and reasonable, but we never came up with anything great.

Maybe somebody has a suggestion for me?: What am I doing wrong?

Multiplication Rule Practice Notebook File Attached (Click for File Download)

No comments:

Post a Comment